Kaspa (KAS): An Overview of the Cryptocurrency
Kaspa (KAS) is a proof-of-work cryptocurrency that utilizes the GHOSTDAG protocol. Unlike traditional blockchains, GHOSTDAG enables parallel block creation without orphaning blocks. This allows for a blockDAG structure, which can be visualized in real-time using the GHOSTDAG visualizer.
Kaspa offers several unique features and subprotocols:
- Reachability: Users can query the DAG's topology using the Reachability feature.
- Block Data Pruning: Kaspa allows for efficient pruning of block data, with future plans to implement block header pruning.
- SPV Proofs: The cryptocurrency supports Simple Payment Verification (SPV) proofs.
- Subnetwork Support: Kaspa has plans to introduce subnetwork support, which will facilitate the implementation of layer 2 solutions in the future.
Kaspa is currently ranked 49th in terms of market capitalization. Over the past 30 days, the price of KAS has experienced a 49% change.
Kaspa can be traded on the following exchanges:
For more information about Kaspa, visit their official website: https://kaspa.org/
- What is Kaspa?
Kaspa is a proof-of-work cryptocurrency that implements the GHOSTDAG protocol, allowing for parallel block creation. It offers features such as reachability, block data pruning, SPV proofs, and subnetwork support.
- What is GHOSTDAG?
GHOSTDAG is a protocol that enables the coexistence and consensus ordering of blocks created in parallel. It forms a blockDAG structure and allows for high block rates and minimal confirmation times.
- Where can I trade Kaspa?
Kaspa is listed on several exchanges, including Gate.io, MEXC, Bitget, KuCoin, CoinEx, BingX, LBank, TradeOgre, and DigiFinex.
- What are the future plans for Kaspa?
Kaspa aims to further improve its block rates and confirmation times. It also plans to implement block header pruning and subnetwork support to facilitate layer 2 solutions in the future.