Comparing OP and USD Coin
OP - Optimism
- Symbol: OP
- Name: Optimism
- Asset Platform ID: optimistic-ethereum
- Categories: @Optimism Ecosystem, Layer 2 (L2)
- Market Cap Rank: 42
- Price Change (30 days): 42%
OP is the token for the Optimism Collective that governs the Optimism L2 blockchain. The Optimism Collective is a large-scale experiment in digital democratic governance, built to drive rapid and sustainable growth of a decentralized ecosystem, and stewarded by the newly formed Optimism Foundation. OP governs upgrades to the protocol and network parameters, and creates an ongoing system of incentives for projects and users in the Optimism ecosystem. 5.4% of the total token supply will be distributed to projects on Optimism over the next six months via governance. If you're building something in the Ethereum ecosystem, you can consider applying for the grant.
- Symbol: USDC
- Name: USD Coin
- Asset Platform ID: ethereum
- Categories: @Mantle Ecosystem, Stablecoins, USD Stablecoin, BNB Chain Ecosystem, Solana Ecosystem, Polygon Ecosystem, Gnosis Chain Ecosystem, Arbitrum Ecosystem, Avalanche Ecosystem, Harmony Ecosystem, Moonriver Ecosystem, Near Protocol Ecosystem, Fantom Ecosystem, Moonbeam Ecosystem, Cronos Ecosystem, Metis Ecosystem, Arbitrum Nova Ecosystem, Velas Ecosystem, Optimism Ecosystem, Ethereum Ecosystem, ZkSync Ecosystem, Canto Ecosystem
- Market Cap Rank: 6
- Price Change (30 days): 0.06643%
USD Coin (USDC) is a fully collateralized US dollar stablecoin. It serves as the bridge between dollars and trading on cryptocurrency exchanges. The technology behind CENTRE makes it possible to exchange value between people, businesses, and financial institutions just like email between mail services and texts between SMS providers. The goal is to create a more inclusive global economy by removing artificial economic borders.