Comparison and Review of Internet Computer (ICP) and Huobi Token (HT)
Internet Computer (ICP)
Internet Computer (IC) is a revolutionary blockchain developed by the DFINITY Foundation. It aims to support smart contract development at scale and change the way people interact with web services. ICP's objective is to extend the public internet and become the world's decentralized computing platform.
- Web-speed blockchain capabilities
- Decentralized computing platform
- Governance through ICPI rewards
- Cycles for compute as transaction fee
- Rewards users participating in securing the network
- Network governance rewards with ICPI
- Conversion of ICP to cycles as transaction fee
- Rewards users for participating in the network
Huobi Token (HT)
Huobi Token (HT) is the native token of the Huobi exchange, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. HT is designed to reward exchange users with lower transaction fees and has its own value in tradable pairs against popular currencies.
- Loyalty reward system for Huobi exchange users
- Value as trading pairs with popular currencies
- Similar to Binance Coin (BNB) loyalty token model
Huobi Token was distributed to Huobi Pro users who purchased a discounted service package. The distribution was not considered an ICO, as users were buying a service package that included HT with trading fee discounts. 60% of the total token supply was distributed during this phase, while the remaining 40% was allocated for user rewards, platform operation, and the team's reward.
Comparison and Conclusion
Both Internet Computer (ICP) and Huobi Token (HT) serve different purposes within their respective ecosystems. ICP aims to revolutionize the web and bring decentralized computing to the masses, while HT focuses on rewarding loyalty and providing trading fee discounts on the Huobi exchange.
While ICP is a blockchain platform with broad categories of use cases, HT primarily caters to users of the Huobi exchange. Therefore, the selection between these tokens would largely depend on individual investment objectives and preferences.