Aave (AAVE) vs Optimism (OP)
- Symbol: AAVE
- Name: Aave
- Asset Platform: Ethereum
- Categories: @Harmony Ecosystem, Optimism Ecosystem, Ethereum Ecosystem, BNB Chain Ecosystem, Fantom Ecosystem, Avalanche Ecosystem, Polygon Ecosystem, Near Protocol Ecosystem, Lending/Borrowing, Governance, Yield Farming, Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
- Market Cap Rank: 46
- Price Change Percentage (30d): 46%
Aave is a decentralized money market protocol where users can lend and borrow cryptocurrency across 20 different assets as collateral. The protocol has a native token called AAVE, which is also a governance token that lets the community decide the direction of the protocol in a collective manner. Lenders can earn interest by providing liquidity to the market, while borrowers can borrow by collateralizing their cryptoassets to take out loans from the liquidity pools.
- Symbol: OP
- Name: Optimism
- Asset Platform: Optimistic Ethereum
- Categories: @Layer 2 (L2), Optimism Ecosystem
- Market Cap Rank: 42
- Price Change Percentage (30d): -5.11424%
OP is the token for the Optimism Collective that governs the Optimism L2 blockchain. The Optimism Collective is a large-scale experiment in digital democratic governance, built to drive rapid and sustainable growth of a decentralized ecosystem, and stewarded by the newly formed Optimism Foundation. OP governs upgrades to the protocol and network parameters, and creates an ongoing system of incentives for projects and users in the Optimism ecosystem. 5.4% of the total token supply will be distributed to projects on Optimism over the next six months via governance. If you're building something in the Ethereum ecosystem, you can consider applying for the grant.